A two and a half-day Photographic Workshop in the Outer Hebrides
with award winning Artist and Photographer Professor J O H N K I P P I N
and Artist, Photographer and University Lecturer N I C O L A N E A T E
July 5th – 7th 2019 North Uist
For bookings and all enquiries contact Nicola Neate
email: email@example.com telephone: 07944 889737
Meet up 6-9pm with Drinks and snacks provided
Please bring 2 of your own photographs to discuss
• Power-point presentation – Introducing significant contemporary Photographers of the landscape
• Instruction on Camera Controls, lenses and exposure
• File Formats and Management
• Discussion on Framing and Composition making photographs and reflecting upon your own photographs
10.00am – 4-30pm Field trip covering two locations
Please bring camera and tripod (some tripods available for sharing)
Using your camera in Advanced Exposure Mode, (F/Stops, Shutter/Speeds, ISO).
Documentary and the Description of Landscape
Morning shoot; produce 2 images using a hand-held camera
Your Impressions and Expressions of Landscape
Afternoon shoot; produce 2 images possibly including the use of tripods.
• 10.00am meet up on location to take photographs
• 12.30pm break for picnic (please bring a packed lunch)
• 1.30pm move to second location
• 3.30-4.30pm re-group in venue location for group
discussion (light refreshments provided)
10.00am – 7.00pm Basic Image Preparation in Photoshop and preparing images for printing.
Please bring own laptops with uploaded workshop photographs and a Photoshop editing programme. – some sharing is available.
Photoshop CS4 or above is preferable.
• 10.00am -12.30pm Morning session crop, geometry and histogram (colour and contrast)
• 12.30pm -1.30pm break (please bring a packed lunch)
• 1.30pm- 5.30pm Afternoon session basic retouching using clone, stamp, patch and healing tools
• 5.30pm – 7.00 pm preparing and printing images with group discussion (light refreshments provided)